Welcome to our blog space

COVID-19 cancellation policy update 17 March 2020

Just like the rest of the world, the Namibian tourism industry is experiencing massive cancellations due to flight restrictions and general fear of travel. Namibia has restricted flights from Europe until 15 April 2020.

We encourage guests not to cancel any tours at this stage, but to rather postpone to a future date. Should a future date not be available yet, we encourage guests to rather keep their bookings on hold, until a new travel date is set. Payments made will lie as a credit for when travel will take place. Charly's Desert Tours will not be charging any cancellation fees should bookings be moved to a future date, or placed on hold.

Our standard cancellation policy stipulates that 80% of the full payment will be refunded if a booking is cancelled prior to 48 hours before the tour. We have re-evaluated this policy and we have introduced a more lenient interim policy to handle Corona virus related cancellations. 

Under this revised interim policy, should you prefer to receive a refund, we will refund 90% of the full amount paid for all bookings with travel dates from the current date until the end of April 2020. These refunds will be processed at the end of March for March bookings, and at the end of April for April bookings. 

Any bookings made for travel after 30 April 2020 will be subject to our standard cancelation policy. 

Re-instatement of bookings will be subject to availability as well as activity rate increases which come into effect after 1 Jan 2021.

We may re-evaluate these dates again, based on future flight availabilities.